Holy Names High School, a small Catholic school for young women, is seeking a full-time English
teacher to join our amazing faculty for the 2019-2020 school year. Holy Names High School serves a
culturally, linguistically, and socioeconomically diverse student body. HNHS faculty are characterized
by a commitment to the school’s mission, and a genuine care for all girls in their classes. Many faculty
members also serve as coaches, advisors, or moderators, contributing to the vibrancy and life of the
The English teacher reports directly to the Assistant Principal.
• Create, document and present engaging lessons and meaningful assessments in a
comprehensive manner based on English Language Arts CA State Standards
• Ensure that each student can access the material by teaching to the various learning styles
present in the classroom
• Provide differentiated instruction to students
• Assess and record students’ progress and provide timely grades and feedback to students and
• Be available to assist students during office hours before or after school
• Maintain an organized and vibrant classroom
• Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders
• Participate in regular faculty, collaboration, and grade-level meetings
• Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
• Utilize restorative practices in the classroom to build community
• Contribute to school community through faculty event supervision and weekly campus
• California Teaching Credential or enrolled in a credential program
• Teaching experience in a secondary school environment
• Commitment to the mission of Holy Names High School
• Ability to engage and connect with a diverse community, especially students and families
• Knowledge of teaching best practices and a willingness to abide by and enforce school policies
• Creative and energetic
• Experience with restorative justice (RJ) or a willingness to learn RJ principles
Salary is paid commensurate with experience and education.
Schedule will be part or full-time based on the expertise of the candidate and needs of the school.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Paula Mitchell, Assistant Principalpmitchell@hnhsoakland.org